As the state of Illinois and other states around the nation impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic begin to reopen the economy, Northwest Vascular and Vein Specialists has been focused on how we properly reopen while ensuring the health and safety of our patients and staff. Beginning in May, we re-opened and are continuing to see patients with varicose veins. We are also now performing all varicose vein procedures and ultrasounds.
But, we realize how important it is to take the right steps when doing this, particularly given our role in the medical community. Our team spent a lot of time meticulously preparing a plan for reopening, one that we want to publicly share with our community. We want to give all our patients peace of mind knowing they are in a protected space. And, we hope this advice can help other businesses, whether in the medical community or otherwise, craft guidelines that helped us reopen the right way this spring.
Specifically, here are the steps we’re taking:
1. Screening patients and staff for any symptoms
2. Taking the temperature of all patients and staff
3. Requiring patients who have recently traveled or come in contact with a Covid + patient to self-quarantine for 14 days
4. We have tested all employees for COVID-19 and will continue to periodically test for the foreseeable future
5. Increasing the time in between patient meetings to minimize gatherings in our waiting area. We will extend hours as needed to ensure safe social distancing
6. Moving chairs in our waiting room to maintain proper social distancing
7. Limiting to just one guest per patient when they have a procedure and highly recommending coming alone whenever possible for all other appointments
8. Sanitizing and wiping down after every patient visit. This includes the exam room chairs, exam table, ultrasound machine and probe along with the waiting area chairs
9. Requiring all patients and employees to wear a mask or face cover
10. Making hand sanitizer readily available for all patients and employees
Our staff continues to closely monitor the situation and ensure we are taking all necessary precautions. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible whenever you’re our patient. Rest assured, we’re doing everything in our power to keep our patients safe.